As an enterprise strategist, Lora focuses on the changing face of enterprise technologies. Her research is designed for the early adopter seeking first-mover advantage.
She comes to the stage with over forty years of diverse supply chain experience. She has spent nine years as an industry analyst with Gartner Group, AMR Research, Altimeter Group prior to the launch of her own research firm Supply Chain Insights.
Prior to becoming a supply chain analyst she spent fifteen years as a leader in the building of supply chain software at Manugistics and Descartes Systems Group, and twenty years as a supply chain practitioner at Procter & Gamble, Kraft/General Foods, Clorox, and Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream (now a division of Nestlé).
Lora graduated from the University of Tennessee B.S. in chemical engineering and earned an MBA from the Wharton School of Business. She is currently working on completing her D.BA. in research from Temple University. As a life-long learner, she has also completed post-graduate work in organizational development from Georgetown University. Lora is APICS CIRM and CPIM certified and is a past teacher of effective marketing concepts for software executives in the Pragmatic Marketing program.
Awards and Achievements
* Outstanding Women in Supply Chain Award, University of Tennessee, 2018
* AMR Research Most Valuable Analyst Award 2007 and 2008
* Most read analyst at AMR Research 2005-2009
* Pioneered research in Demand Signal Repositories (DSR) and Demand-driven Value Networks (DDVN)
* Elected as a board member of the Supply Chain Council, 2003-2008
* Selected as a member of the Consumer Goods Technology (CGT) Executive Board 2005-2015
* Research Excellence awards, Gartner Group 2001
* Most valuable contributor to sales, Descartes 2003
* Most valuable team player award, Manugistics, 1998
* Chairman’s Award for Innovation, Kraft/General Foods, 1980
Lora lives in Hanover, PA, and has a farm in the mountains of West Virginia. She has a passion for gardening, textiles of all types (quilting, knitting, and weaving), photography, and dancing. She is a new grandmom and is proud of her daughter who teaches nursing at the University of Maryland School of Nursing. In her spare time, she is finishing her log cabin in West Virginia and training for a couple of triathlons. Lora cannot wait to move into her new home.